FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
MicroBeauty by Kaylen
~SEMI PERMANENT MAKEUP~
~SEMI PERMANENT MAKEUP~
- WHAT IS IT?
It is a new breakthrough procedure that involves depositing an industry regulated pigment into the dermal layer of the skin with the use of a digital cosmetic tattooing device.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF IT? The benefits of this process enhance the appearance of eyebrows, eyeliner, lips and areola. It can also camouflage scars and other skin discoloration. It lasts up to 3 years. It has way more natural looking results than traditional permanent makeup.
- WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone and everyone! Sometimes medical disabilities, unsteady hands, or poor vision can lead to difficulties applying makeup. It is for those who are allergic to regular makeup, anyone wanting to simplify their beauty routine, and those not wanting to worry about their makeup smudging off or melting.
- HOW "PERMANENT" IS IT? Technically, any form of tattooing is permanent. However, with MicroBeauty by Kaylen, the technique, and device that I use deliver an extremely delicate form of tattooing, meaning they fade at a much quicker rate than traditional permanent makeup, which is why they are referred to as ’semi-permanent’.
- DOES IT HURT?
Everyone has a different tolerance for pain. However, clients often find the tweezing of the eyebrows more painful than the actual eyebrows semi permanent makeup treatment. I use topical anesthetics so the procedures are almost painless. On a pain scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst, most of my clients tend to rate the pain between 0-3.
- WHAT ARE THE CONTRA-INDICATIONS FOR IT?
People who are on blood-thinning medications will need to speak to their physician about getting a tattoo. Likely, you will be able to continue your medication and your physician will give you a letter stating you are ok to tattoo, however if you are on a medication such a Coumadin you will need to let a medical professional make this decision.
If you are seeking an eyeliner procedure, the use of Latisse is contraindicated. You will need to discontinue use for at least 2 months prior to eyeliner tattooing and can continue use a month after your final eyeliner procedure.
For those seeking permanent lip color, there are a couple of considerations prior to tattooing. If you have ever had a cold sore or oral herpes, you will need to be on a 10-day course of Valtrex each time you have a lip tattoo performed. You will start it 5 days prior to your tattoo procedure and continue taking it for the full 10 days.
For our clients who get filler injected into their lips, please let it wear off as much as possible prior to your tattoo. Four months or longer, depending on the amount of filler. You can resume dermal fillers after your permanent lip makeup is finished. We always recommend two procedures, and that is why two appointments are included in the cost of every initial procedure.
- HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
This varies depending on your age, skin exposure to UV light and lifestyle. Cosmetic Make-up is a very delicate form of applying pigment into the skin. It only is applied to the upper dermis of the skin, therefore the color will fade over time. To maintain color intensity, a touch up can be done within 12-20 months depend on client. These touch up procedures take less time and are priced accordingly.
- CAN I GET IT IF I AM PREGNANT? Pregnant or nursing mothers are advised against any type of MicroBeauty by Kaylen.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE AND IS IT PAINFUL?
A topical numbing cream agent is used throughout the treatment to help ease any discomfort. Some clients may feel some vibrating and scratch sensations; some may feel nothing at all. In fact, Semi-Permanent Cosmetics is far more comfortable than anticipated and many clients are shocked at how relaxed they feel after treatment.
- WHAT IF I WON'T LIKE IT? I take my time measuring, discussing, and drawing the design before I start the actual procedure. Don't worry, every single client of mine LOVES my works!!!